21: Negotiating the Pay You Deserve
March 23, 2023
Bridget Casey and Alyssa Davies
We're your hosts, Alyssa and Bridget. Welcome to the podcast, where we talk through our money trauma and create a better understanding of building a healthy relationship with finance. We've now launched our Patreon! Subscribe for bonus episodes and extra content from your hosts.
In today's episode, we discuss the following:
- Why negotiating is worth the uncomfortable conversation
- How to determine what number to ask for
- When is the best and worst time to ask for more money
- How do you actually start a negotiation, and what tactics to use
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- Don’t forget to negotiate things other than salary
- What do you need to have to negotiate
- Barriers women face and how to navigate them
- When should you walk away from a job that’s not paying you enough
Thank you for listening to season 2! We'll be back in May for our new season. Until then, follow us on Instagram @mixedupmoney, @bridgiecasey and @moneyfeelspodcast, and we’ll see you next time!