27: MLMs and Your Money
June 01, 2023
Bridget Casey and Alyssa Davies
We're your hosts, Alyssa and Bridget. Welcome to the podcast, where we talk through our money trauma and create a better understanding of building a healthy relationship with finance. We've now launched our Patreon! Subscribe for bonus episodes and extra content from your hosts.
In today's episode, we discuss the following:
- What are MLMs, and what do they look like?
- Our experiences with MLMs
- Distribution structures (upline/downline)
- Their recruitment methods
- How much money do people actually make in MLMs?
- Red flags you’ll notice
- The cultish-ness about MLMs and the language they use
- What about financial MLMs?
- Management Expense Ratios (MER) and mutual funds
Thank you for listening to today's episode! Join us next week for a new one. Until then, follow us on Instagram @mixedupmoney, @bridgiecasey and @moneyfeelspodcast, and we’ll see you next time!